for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George H.W. Bush: 41st U.S. President
What do you know about the 41st U.S. President, George H.W. Bush?
October 30, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
George HW Bush
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: President George HW Bush @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. During World War II, George H.W. Bush served in the Navy as a pilot. Why was he was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for bravery in action?
A. he was badly burned in flight but managed to fly his plane back to a carrier under enemy fire
B. he rescued three of his fellow mates from drowning in shark infested waters
C. he rescued three of is fellow mates in a fire
D. he was shot down by Japanese antiaircraft fire and was rescued from the water by a U. S. submarine.
2. George H.W. Bush attended Yale University. What position did he play on the school's varsity baseball team?
B. second base
D. first base
3. Before entering politics, Bush was a very successful businessman in what industry?
4. What Democratic candidate did George H.W. Bush defeat in the 1988 presidential election?
A. Senator Al Gore of Tennessee
B. Reverend Jesse Jackson of South Carolina
C. Governor Michael Dukakis of Massachusetts
D. Senator Paul Simon of Illinois
5. President Bush sent American troops into Panama to overthrow the corrupt regime of General Manuel Noriega. Noriega was then brought to the U.S. to face charges of what crime?
A. drug trafficking
B. leading prostitution rings
6. When Iraqi President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990, President Bush sent U.S. troops to help push back the assault. What was this operation called?
A. Gulf Lion
B. Desert Storm
C. Operation Red Dawn
D. Task Force Viking
7. What arms reduction agreement was signed by President Bush and Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev in 1991?
A. Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
B. Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START I)
C. Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START II)
D. Intermediate Ranged Nuclear Forces Treaty
8. Which of the following legislation was not signed during President Bush's administration?
A. Violence Against Women Act
B. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
C. Oil Pollution Act of 1990
D. reauthorized the Clean Air Act
9. In the 1992 presidential election, Bill Clinton defeated President Bush in his reelection bid. What billionaire businessman had a great showing as an independent candidate in this election?
A. Donald Trump
B. Rupert Murdoch
C. Steve Forbes
D. H. Ross Perot
10. The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on a 90-acre site on the west campus of what university?
A. Texas Tech University
B. University of Texas
C. Baylor University
D. Texas A&M Univeristy
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by