for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Christian (Chris) Watson: 3rd Australian Prime Minister
A quiz about the first Labor Prime Minister anywhere in the world. Questions on career dates, Unions, Career, and post political career of John Christian Watson.
August 12, 2010
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Chris Watson @ Chris Watson)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Watson was born in 1867 in which country?
A. New Zealand
2. At what age did Watson leave school?
3. Watson rose through the union ranks as part of which union?
A. Railway workers
B. Shearers' Union
C. Seamen's Union
D. Printers' Union
4. Watson became Prime Minister in 1904 when the Labour Party withdrew its support of whom?
A. Edmund Barton
B. Alfred Deakin
C. George Reid
D. William Lyne
5. How long did Watson's government last?
A. almost four months
B. two years
C. three years
D. four and half years
6. Which party replaced Watson's Labour Party?
B. Free Trade
7. Following his resignation from politics at the age of 42 Watson turned his energy to business. Which fuel company did he found?
8. Which business collective did Watson help found?
A. The Oddfellows Society
B. Broken Hill Propriety Ltd (BHP)
C. National Roads and Motorists Association (NRMA)
9. Watson's wife Ada died in 1921. Watson remarried at the age of 58 to a waitress who was how old?
10. In which city will you find the suburb named after Watson?
Conditions of Use