for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Howard Cosell: Mr. Monday Night Football
"By the way Giff, that young man does not like strawberry ice cream" - Gabe Kaplan, impersonating Howard Cosell during a stand-up routine.
May 01, 2006
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Howard Cosell's real last name was:
2. Howard's nickname was:
B. "Mr. Excitement"
D. "Bumble Bee"
3. What was Howard's profession before becoming a sportscaster?
C. Weather Forecaster
D. News Anchor
4. In 1980, Howard announced what tragedy to his viewing audience?
A. The eruption of Mt. St. Helens
B. A fire at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas
C. The murder of John Lennon
D. The collapse of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa
5. Howard will undoubtedly be remembered for his friendship with what famous boxer?
A. George Foreman
B. Muhammad Ali
C. Joe Frazier
D. Jerry Quarry
6. Howard was the mainstay of what weekly television sporting event from 1970-83?
A. "Baseball Tonight"
B. "Saturday Night at the Fights"
C. "Monday Night Football"
D. "Speaking of Sports"
7. Cosell co-authored:
A. "I Never Played the Game"
B. "What You May Not Know About Me"
C. "Sports - From My Perspective"
D. "Boxing - As I See It"
8. In 1983, Cosell referred to Alvin Garrett of the Washington Redskins as a __________?
A. "little monkey"
B. "riverboat gambler"
C. "truckin' turkey"
D. "black brat"
9. On which of the following television programs did Howard NEVER appear?
A. The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
B. The Flip Wilson Show
C. Dean Martin's Celebrity Roast
D. The Red Skelton Show
10. What event upset Cosell to the point that it made him feel "intensely Jewish."
A. The return of the Siani Peninsula to Egypt in 1978
B. A bomb that killed a person at the Israeli Embassy in London in 1972
C. The murder of eleven Israeli atheletes at the Munich Olympics Games in 1972
D. The 1982 invasion of Lebanon by Israel
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by