for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Eureka Stockade
A quiz on Australia's only armed rebellion staged by desperate miners on the Victorian goldfields.
November 12, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Eureka Stockade)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The Eureka Stockade took place in December, 1854 in which Victorian town?
2. Approximately how many miners manned the Eureka Stockade?
3. Who was the elected leader of the miners during the Eureka Stockade?
A. John Stevens
B. Alfred Banks
C. Peter Lalor
D. Samuel Reilly
4. A catalyst for the Eureka rebellion was the murder of which miner at the Eureka Hotel?
A. Aaron Sherritt
B. Jimmy Wu
C. Aubrey Roberts
D. James Scobie
5. What government regulation especially irked the Eureka miners?
A. Tent duty
B. Gold tax
C. Digging levy
D. Miner's licence
6. What constellation did the Eureka miners adopt as a symbol on their flag?
B. The Southern Cross
7. How many miners were killed on that fateful Sunday of December 3, 1854 when the soldiers attacked the stockade?
8. How long did the battle for the Eureka Stockade last?
A. 10 minutes
B. 1 hour
C. 1 day
D. 2 days
9. 14 miners from the Eureka Stockade were put on trial for high treason. How many were found guilty and hanged?
10. The leader of the Eureka rebellion later held which position of political power?
A. Premier of Victoria
B. Leader of the Opposition
C. Speaker of the House
D. Governor of Victoria
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by