for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - James Arness: Matt Dillon Forever!
What do you know about the steady actor, James Arness?
November 30, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: James Arness @ Liberty Film Festival)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what American city was James (born James Aurness) born and raised?
A. Minneapolis, MN
B. Chicago, IL
C. Detroit, MI
D. Cleveland, OH
2. After high school, James enlisted in what branch of the military to serve in World War II?
D. Air Force
3. Arness was a highly-decorated World War II soldier having been severely wounded during battle in Italy. Which of the following medals did Arness NOT win?
A. Bronze Star Medal
B. Purple Heart
C. Distinguished Flying Cross
D. European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal
4. How tall was James Arness?
A. 6' 3"
B. 6' 4"
C. 6' 5"
D. more than 6' 5"
5. Arness' film debut was in what 1947 film?
B. Roses are Red
C. Wagon Master
D. The Farmer's Daughter
6. Arness starred for 20 years as Sheriff Matt Dillon on "Gunsmoke." What actor was originally considered for the role of Matt Dillon but recommended James Arness for the role?
A. Robert Mitchum
B. Ray Milland
C. John Wayne
D. Glenn Ford
7. Mr. Arness did not attend the premier of "The Thing from Another World" (1951) because he felt his makeup made him look like a giant what?
8. What role did James Arness play in the 1970s TV series "How the West Was Won"?
A. Luke Macahan
B. Zebulon "Zeb" Macahan
C. Frank Grayson
D. Dick Piesley
9. In which of the following movies did Arness NOT star with his good friend, John Wayne?
A. Big Jim McLain
C. Horizons West
D. Island in the Sky
10. What is the name of James Arness' biography?
A. Big Cowboy: The James Arness Story
B. James Arness – An Autobiography
C. Beyond "Gunsmoke" - The James Arness Story
D. James Arness: My Time in Hollywood
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by