for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Bob Hawke: 23rd Australian Prime Minister
The Prime Minister who had a love affair with the Australian electorate.
December 29, 2010
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Bob Hawke)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in Bordertown, South Australia, in 1929, Bob Hawke had an uncle who was Premier of which state?
A. South Australia
B. Western Australia
2. In 1952 Bob Hawke gained what academic achievement?
A. University medal from Melbourne University
B. Scholarship to study at Harvard
C. Rhodes scholarship to Oxford
D. Scholarship to the Sorbonne
3. Which organization did Bob Hawke assume leadership of in 1969?
A. Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU)
B. Australian Labor Party
C. Commonwealth Bank
D. Board of B H P
4. Bob Hawke publicly swore off which activity in a bid to convince the public of his leadership credentials?
C. Drinking alcohol
D. Recreational drug use
5. In October, 1980 Bob Hawke finally was elected to the federal parliament representing which Victorian seat?
C. Melbourne Ports
6. Bob Hawke was elected Prime Minister in March 1983, defeating Malcolm Fraser. Approximately for how long had Hawke led the opposition?
A. One month
B. One year
C. Two years
D. Three years
7. Hawke's government had brokered a truce with unions who agreed to wage restraint in return for social gains through government action. This was known as the?
8. What was Bob Hawke the first Labor leader to achieve?
A. Four election victories
B. A majority in both houses of parliament
C. The right to appoint the Governor General rather than the Queen
D. Five election victories
9. Which of the following was not an achievement of the Bob Hawke government of Australia?
A. Floating of the Australian dollar on international money markets
B. Introduction of a goods and services tax
C. Privatisation of QANTAS
D. Introduction of a capital gains tax
10. Bob Hawke was defeated, not at the polls, but when which Labor Party figure challenged him for the leadership in December, 1991?
A. Mark Latham
B. Bill Hayden
C. Paul Keating
D. Kim Beasley
Conditions of Use