for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (D Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "D" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 16, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: etc.usf.edu)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word diabolical?
2. What is the meaning of the word dilatory?
A. a place where books are kept
B. a razor
D. something that dilates
3. What is the meaning of the word deft?
A. part of a rifle
B. a pile of snow
4. What is the meaning of the word derision?
A. a false perception
5. What is the meaning of the word diatribe?
A. mechanical skill
B. a newspaper article
C. verbal attack
D. a weight loss support group
6. What is the meaning of the word dissonant?
A. harsh and unpleasant sounding
B. to ignore the sister of one's mother
C. lacking confidence
D. a letter which is not a vowel
7. What is the meaning of the word dissemble?
A. to break up
B. a group
C. to pretend
D. to take apart
8. What is the meaning of the word dudgeon?
A. angry indignation
B. a castle's prison
C. to hit with a short club
D. a small rodent found in Kenya
9. What is the meaning of the word dulcet?
A. a boring jazz performance
B. a Mexican dessert
C. pleasant sounding
D. the primary monetary unit of Malta
10. What is the meaning of the word dogmatic?
A. an automatic dog walker
C. rigidly opinionated
D. a robotic canine
Pine River Consulting 2022