for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (E Words)
Find the definitions to these words that start with the letter "E" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 17, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: insidethecostumebox.blogspot.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word enigmatic?
2. What is the meaning of the word esoteric?
C. understood only by a learned few
D. wandering from topic to topic
3. What is the meaning of the word elite?
C. a superior group
D. warm praise
4. What is the meaning of the word efficacious
A. brilliantly shiny
5. What is the meaning of the word emulate?
A. to exit
B. to imitate
C. a large, slow bird
D. to walk
6. What is the meaning of the word ennui?
7. What is the meaning of the word ephemeral?
A. a drug for PMS
8. What is the meaning of the word etymology?
A. the study of food
B. the study of insects
C. the study of words
D. the study of rare gems
9. What is the meaning of the word exacerbate?
A. to aggrevate
B. to glorify
C. to overstate
D. to cut
10. What is the meaning of the word exonerate?
A. to clear of blame
B. to elaborate
C. to make amends
D. to ooze
Pine River Consulting 2022