for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (G Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "G" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 17, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: westonsigns.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word gregarious?
D. very funny
2. What is the meaning of the word gambol?
A. an Italian beverage
B. to dance or skip around playfully
C. to play a game for money or property
D. to pounch
3. What is the meaning of the word gauche?
C. a very thin, usually transparent fabric
4. What is the meaning of the word grovel?
A. an 18th century leather tool
B. to extend
C. to humble oneself in a demeaning way
D. pebbles and small pieces of rock
5. What is the meaning of the word gustatory?
A. highly valued
B. relating to intestines
C. relating to sense of taste
D. relating to stong winds
6. What is the meaning of the word gratuitous?
7. What is the meaning of the word guile?
C. part of a wheel on a shopping cart
8. What is the meaning of the word garrulous?
C. very hungry
D. very talkative
9. What is the meaning of the word gainsay?
A. to decide unilaterally
B. to deny
C. to discuss laundry detergent
D. to win an argument
10. What is the meaning of the word garner?
A. to gather and store
B. one who collects subway tokens
C. a precious red gemstone
D. a strap worn to hold up a stocking
Pine River Consulting 2022