for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (J Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "J" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 19, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: zazzle.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word jocular?
C. having to do with dentistry
2. What is the meaning of the word jaded?
A. covered with jade
3. What is the meaning of the word judicious?
B. great tasting
D. showing good judgment
4. What is the meaning of the word jejune?
C. a plant found in Thailand
5. What is the meaning of the word jongleur?
A. a floral design used on doors in France
C. an itinerant medeival minstrel
D. a type of Vietnamese martial art
6. What is the meaning of the word jujube?
A. an African wind instrument
B. a fruit flavored gumdrop or lozenge
C. a Native American court hearing
D. a tunic worn in Indonesia
7. What is the meaning of the word jettison?
A. to eject from a jet
B. a miniature airplane
C. a spray of water
D. to throw overboard
8. What is the meaning of the word jovial?
D. marked by good humor
9. What is the meaning of the word juxtaposition?
A. a circle within a circle
B. a linear arrangement
C. side by side placement
D. uo and down placement
10. What is the meaning of the word jingoism?
A. an Australian idiom
B. belligerent support of one's own country
C. a nonsense phrase
D. a religion which emphasizes stories passed down through generations
Pine River Consulting 2022