for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (L Words)
Find the definitions to these words that start with the letter "L" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 20, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: vb.almastma.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the definition of levity?
A. the ability to raise things off the ground without touching them
B. fancy but meaningless language
D. the process of adding yeast to dough
2. What is the definition of lachrymose?
3. What is the definition of laceration?
A. a cut or wound
B. a taunting remark
4. What is the definition of largess?
A. being big
C. a large woman of nobility
5. What is the definition of lurid?
6. What is the definition of lucid?
A. clear and easily understood
7. What is the definition of lapidary?
A. a library of scientific research
B. relating to the destruction of buildings
C. relating to precious stones
D. relating to sound
8. What is the definition of loquacious?
9. What is the definition of lackadaisical?
C. devoid of daisies
10. What is the definition of languid?
A. clear and simple in style
Conditions of Use