for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (M Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "M" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 22, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: sizzix.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word malapropism?
A. poor use of accessories
B. a disguise
C. the humorous misuse of words
D. a scheme
2. What is the meaning of the word mendacious?
A. adept at repairs
B. causing harm to others
3. What is the meaning of the word mercurial?
C. of or relating to thermometers
D. quick, shrewd, and unpredictable
4. What is the meaning of the word mnemonic?
A. designed to assist memory
5. What is the meaning of the word miscreant?
A. an irresponsible person
B. one who behaves viciously
C. one who carries a dormant virus or disease
D. one who rarely bathes
6. What is the meaning of the word martinet?
A. a curse
B. one who rigidly follows rules
C. a puppet worked by strings
D. a small cocktail
7. What is the meaning of the word mendicant?
A. a beggar
B. a culprit
D. inept at repairs
8. What is the meaning of the word minatory?
D. very small
9. What is the meaning of the word mordacious?
C. extremely careful
10. What is the meaning of the word moribund?
A. extremely plain
Pine River Consulting 2022