for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (N Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "N" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
January 22, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: etc.usf.edu)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word nascent?
B. coming into existence
C. an unpopular fragrance
2. What is the meaning of the word nefarious?
A. widely and unfavorably known
D. not worth considering
3. What is the meaning of the word noisome?
C. loud and obnoxious
4. What is the meaning of the word nomenclature?
A. a formal name
B. a long story
C. terms used in a particular science or discipline
D. architecture designed exclusively for women
5. What is the meaning of the word nuance?
A. a beginner
B. shade of meaning
C. a story with a moral
D. a vicious opponent
6. What is the meaning of the word nebulous?
C. of or relating to stars
7. What is the meaning of the word nihilism?
A. the belief that everything is meaningless
B. a religion that no longer exists
C. the belief that man is naturally self-destructive
D. a saying of Guru Nihil
8. What is the meaning of the word numismatics?
A. coin collecting
B. modern mathematics
C. stamp collecting
D. the study of numbers
9. What is the meaning of the word nadir?
A. the center of something
B. the lowest point
C. a pilgrimage
D. a small mammal found in Africa
10. What is the meaning of the word nettle (verb)?
A. to interfere
B. to irritate
C. to prod
D. to sting
Pine River Consulting 2022