for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (U Words)
Find the definitions for these words that start with the letter "U" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 17, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: fineartamerica.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word undulate?
A. to move back and forth
B. to move in waves
C. to seize by force
D. to shake violently
2. What is the meaning of the word umbrage?
D. sudden uprising
3. What is the meaning of the word unctuous?
B. loud and forceful
D. smug and falsely earnest
4. What is the meaning of the word urbane?
B. of or related to city life
5. What is the meaning of the word usury?
B. the area in front of a church sanctaury
C. lending money at exorbitant rates
6. What is the meaning of the word ubiquitous?
B. being everywhere simultaneously
7. What is the meaning of the word unconscionable?
A. profoundly confusing
B. lacking in remorse
C. shockingly unfair or unjust
8. What is the meaning of the word unequivocal?
9. What is the meaning of the word upbraid?
A. to agree
B. to dig up
C. to scold sharply
D. to uproot
10. What is the meaning of the word utopia?
A. an eye disease
B. a huge garden
C. a parody
D. a perfect place
Pine River Consulting 2022