for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (X Words)
Find the definitions for these words that begin with the letter "X" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 27, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: theromanticvineyard.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word xylem?
B. the fringe of a desert
C. a place of exile
D. tubes within the stems of woody plants
2. What is the meaning of the word xenophobia?
A. fear of cats
B. fear of foreign people and things
C. fear of anything Greek
D. fear of social situations
3. What is the meaning of the word xenon?
B. an odorless, colorless gas
C. a type of subatomic particle
D. a warrior princess
4. What is the meaning of the word xanthate?
A. a chemical used in non-metal dental fillings
B. a component of bicarbonate
C. a salt or ester of xanthic acid
D. a compound extracted from cherries
5. What is the meaning of the word xenotime?
A. a brown or yellow mineral
B. mineral formations found in Egypt
C. of or relating to a foreign navy
D. time zones north of the equator
6. What is the meaning of the word xeric?
A. dry or desert-like
7. What is the meaning of the word xanthic?
A. an inability to process certain sugars
C. terrified of strangers
8. What is the meaning of the word xebec?
A. an island in the Philippines
B. a place in Canada
C. a small, nocturnal mammal of the rainforest
D. a three masted sailing ship used in the Mediterranean
9. What is the meaning of the word xanthosis?
A. a condition affecting the inner ear
B. a liver condition
C. a type of jaundice
D. a widespread state of panic
10. What is the meaning of the word xylose?
B. a sugar extracted from wood or straw
C. totally unresponsive
D. without water
Conditions of Use