for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - A to Z Vocabulary (Y Words)
Find the definitions to these words that start with the letter "Y" by taking this vocabulary quiz.
February 27, 2011
Grammar & Vocabulary
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: topwallpapers10.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the meaning of the word yarmulke?
A. a dish prepared with rice and cherries or raisins
B. a skullcap worn by Jewish males
C. a term of endearment
D. a Yiddish word for "crazy"
2. What is the meaning of the word ytterbium?
A. an archaic Czech word for a clergyman
B. one who fasts
C. a rare metallic chemical element
D. a species of eucalyptus tree
3. What is the meaning of the word yuft?
A. Russian leather
B. a straight bundle of straw used for thatching
C. a tool used for winding yarn into a ball
D. to utter sharp cries
4. What is the meaning of the word yrneh?
A. the residence of a Japanese nobleman
B. a ridge formed by wind erosion
C. a small boat
D. a unit of reciprocal inductance
5. What is the meaning of the word yomp?
A. to carry heavy equipment over difficult terrain
B. a convivial person
C. a dry watercourse
6. What is the meaning of the word yaws?
A. emigrants who leave Israel
B. howls of hunger
C. an infectious tropical disease
D. a root crop of the West Indies
7. What is the meaning of the word yegg?
A. to belch or hiccup
B. to itch
C. a safecracker
D. a young sow
8. What is the meaning of the word yeshiva?
A. a box used for carrying ice
B. a Jewish school
C. knowledge obtained through meditation
D. a large bottle of wine
9. What is the meaning of the word yabba?
A. a coarse, dark sugar
B. an East Indian sedan chair
C. a Jamaican vessel of earth or wood
D. an outer garment worn by Turkish women
10. What is the meaning of the word yapness?
A. a female janitor
C. an impudent child
D. propensity for yawning
Pine River Consulting 2022