for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln: Part 1
A quiz about the conspiracy surrounding the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
March 04, 2011
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Abraham Lincoln @ The White House)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which U.S. city did Abraham Lincoln's assassination take place?
A. New York
2. Abraham Lincoln was shot in a theater which also shared its name with which U S President?
3. John Wilkes Booth shot Abraham Lincoln with what type of gun?
B. Colt 45
C. Smith and Wesson revolver
D. Enfield revolver
4. After shooting Abraham Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth leapt on to the theater stage declaring "Sic semper tyrannis" and what else?
A. The South is avenged!
B. The South will rise again!
C. The South - my home, my heart!
D. The Confederacy forever!
5. Abraham Lincoln was shot in the head on April 14, 1865. On what day did he die?
A. April 14
B. April 15
C. April 16
D. April 17
6. What had John Wilkes Booth originally planned to do in an act of southern defiance before he assassinated Abraham Lincoln?
A. He always intended to shoot Lincoln
B. Stage a military coup
C. Shoot General U. S. Grant
D. He wanted to kidnap Lincoln
7. John Wilkes Booth and his fellow conspirator, David Herold were eventually cornered after a hunt which took how many days?
A. 2 days
B. 12 days
C. 15 days
D. 22 days
8. What was the name of the farm at which John Wilkes Booth was shot and David Herold surrendered after assassinating Abraham Lincoln?
9. Reportedly, John Wilkes Booth's last words after assassinating Abraham Lincoln were "Tell mother I die for my country" and....?
A. The curtain is wrung down
B. Useless, useless
C. On to glory I go
D. I am now of the ages
10. Eight conspirators were put on trial in July, 1865 for the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. How many were executed?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by