for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Paul Jones: Naval Hero
What do you know about naval hero, John Paul Jones?
August 07, 2011
American Revolutionary War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John Paul Jones
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John Paul Jones Public Domain)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was John Paul Jones born?
A. Philidelphia, PA
B. New London, CT
C. London, England
D. Kirkbean, Scotland
2. Why did John Paul Jones lose his first command?
A. He flogged a sailor to death
B. He ran the ship aground when intoxicated
C. He refused to carry slaves
D. He made enemies in the Virgina colonial legislature
3. What ship was John Paul Jones most famous for commanding (he first took command of it in 1779)?
B. Bonhomme Richard
4. What was John Paul Jones's response when asked to surrender his ship during the fierce sea battle in 1779?
A. "Don't give up the ship!"
B. "Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!"
C. "I have not yet begun to fight!"
D. "I regret that I must surrender."
5. What ship did Jones command after his first ship was burned and sunk?
A. The Constitution
B. The America
C. The Enterprise
D. He did not get another ship, but went to shore duty
6. Where did Jones go after the Revolutionary War?
A. Scotland, to his ancestral estates
B. The Bahamas, to retire
C. Russia, where he helped found their Navy
D. Debtors prison
7. To what city did Jones retire in 1790?
8. Where did John Paul Jones die?
C. At sea, off the coast of England
9. Where is John Paul Jones' final resting place?
A. Boston, Massachusetts
B. Annapolis, Maryland
C. Scottish Highlands, facing the sea
D. St. Petersburg, Russia
10. John Paul Jones's influential patron during the Revolutionary War was also one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Who was he?
A. George Washington
B. Martha Washington
C. Andrew Jackson
D. Ben Franklin
Pine River Consulting 2022