for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Insects Rule the World
It's been estimated for each person on Earth there are 150,000,000 insects. How much do you know about our six-legged companions?
April 28, 2012
Science & Nature
Animals & Animal Study
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What are the grubs that emerge from insect eggs called?
2. What insect is responsible for the spread of typhus?
B. body louse
3. Which of the following products do we not get from honeybees?
D. royal jelly
4. How many pairs of wings does a mosquito have?
5. Approximately how many species of insect are known to exist?
6. What insect was responsible for the Black Death plague which devastated much of 14th century Europe?
B. body louse
D. house fly
7. Which of the following statements about insects is not true?
A. The skeleton of an insect is on the outside of its body.
B. Some insects can live without their heads.
C. There are no insects in the Antarctic.
D. Insects breathe through their sides. They have no lungs.
8. What sense does a moth predominantly rely on?
9. The compound eyes of insects are best suited to detect what?
10. Which of the following insects has not been used to assist humans?
C. house flies
D. silk moths
Pine River Consulting 2022