for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Australia's Capitals and Biggest Cities
Australia's capitals and large cities have some interesting background behind their names. Australia's Capitals trivia and facts!
June 11, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Australia's capital city is not where it first was. What is its current location?
2. The capital city of New South Wales is also Australia's largest city and was named after which British viscount?
3. Western Australia's capital city is named after a city in Scotland with what name?
4. The capital of South Australia has what woman's name?
5. The capital city of Queensland was named after which early colonial governor?
6. Which 19th century scientist shares his name with the capital city of the Northern Territory?
7. Tasmania's capital city is named after an early colonial secretary with what name?
8. Victoria's capital was named after which British Prime Minister?
9. Which Australian city is the sixth largest in terms of population?
C. Gold Coast
10. What city is Australia's seventh largest and named after a similar city in Britain.
Conditions of Use