for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Leonardo da Vinci - Polymath Par Excellence
A quiz on Leonardo da Vinci, one of the world's most extraordinary people in terms of achievement, imagination and influence.
March 01, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Leonardo da Vinci
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Persitance Unlimited)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where in Italy was Leonardo born in 1452?
2. Because of his obvious artistic talent, Leonardo was apprenticed to which famous painter at the age of 12?
3. Though a famed Florentine, in which city did Leonardo live for 17 years?
4. At the age of 22 Leonardo was charged but acquitted of what crime?
A. grave robbing
5. Which of the following paintings was NOT done by Leonardo?
A. The Virgin and The Child
B. Madonna of the Rocks
C. The Birth of Venus
D. Leda and the Swan
6. Which powerful Florentine did Leonardo have as a patron?
A. Cesare Borgia
B. Lorenzo de Medici
C. Nicole Macchiavelli
D. Catherine de Medici
7. Leonardo was a thinker ahead of his time. Which of the following did he NOT design or suggest as a possible aid to mankind?
8. Which of the following is not true of Leonardo?
A. He watched executions often.
B. He never married.
C. He was a talented musician.
D. He was left handed.
9. Leonardo's most famous painting was the Mona Lisa. What is its Italian name?
A. La Galiiano
B. La Mirabella
C. La Giaconda
D. La Moondarra
10. In which country did Leonardo die in 1519?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by