for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Lord Byron - Leading Romantic Poet
A quiz on the man who by the time of his death at the age of 36 had crammed much into his brief existence.
March 31, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following medical conditions did Lord Byron not have to contend with?
B. bi-polar disorder
D. club foot
2. When Byron was only 9 years of age, which household member sexually assaulted him?
A. family nurse
B. his mother
C. his sister
D. his brother
3. Which Lord Byron poem brought the author into the public eye?
A. She Walks in Beauty
B. Childe Harold's Pilgrimage
C. The First Kiss of Love
D. Epitaph to a Dog
4. Byron conducted many affairs in his short life. Which of the following ladies was his most celebrated lover?
A. Lilly Langtree
B. Emma Hamilton
C. Lady Caroline Lamb
D. Nell Gwyn
5. Byron also broke a societal taboo by seducing which relation?
6. Which famed body of water did Byron swim in May, 1810?
A. The English Channel
B. The Hellespont Strait
C. The Seine River
D. The Gibraltar Strait
7. What was the reason Byron left England in 1816, never to return?
A. He wanted to follow in the footsteps of Ulysses and his odyssey
B. He had killed the husband of a lover in a duel
C. He had engaged in a polygamous marriage and fled to escape both wives
D. His reputation was in ruins, brought about by his notorious lifestyle
8. Which of Byron's works is told through the eyes of Lanciotto and Francesca?
A. The Seige of Corinth
B. Don Juan
D. The Prophecy of Dante
9. Which famous English poet became a friend of Byron's, even to the extent they started a newspaper in Italy?
A. John Keats
B. William Blake
C. Percy Shelley
D. Samuel Coleridge
10. Byron died from rheumatic fever in 1824, caught while serving in which country's War of Independence?
B. U S A
Pine River Consulting 2022