for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea stands out as one of the best science fiction shows ever created by Irwin Allen. How much do you remember about the show and its cast?
April 23, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea @ imdb.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea chronicled the adventures of what futuristic submarine and its crew?
A. The U.S.S. Voyager
B. The U.S.N.S. Neptune
C. The D.R.V. Seaquest
D. The S.S.R.N. Seaview
2. Which of the following actors appeared in only the first season of the show?
A. Del Monroe
B. Henry Kulky
C. David Hedison
D. Terry Becker
3. The Nelson Institute of Marine Research, which owned and operated the submarine, was based out of what California city?
A. Los Angeles
B. San Francisco
C. Santa Barbara
D. Santa Cruz
4. After "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" was cancelled, David Hedison, who played Captain Crane, went on to play the role of Felix Leiter in two films of what series?
A. Star Trek
B. Raiders of the Lost Ark
C. James Bond
D. Die Hard
5. The submarine's executive officer, Commander Chip Morton, was played by what character actor?
A. Del Monroe
B. Bob Dowdell
C. Arch Whiting
D. Paul Trinka
6. Actor Richard Basehart, who played Admiral Nelson in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, went on to serve as the narrator of what popular 1980s action series?
A. Tales of the Gold Monkey
C. Misfits of Science
D. Knight Rider
7. Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea appeared on what television network during its entire four season run?
D. None. It was a syndicated show.
8. What modifications were made to the submarine at the conclusion of the first season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?
A. The two rows of obervation windows in front of the submarine were reduced to one.
B. The Flying Sub, which could be launched from the ship, was added.
C. A bomb bay style door was added to the underside of the front of the submarine.
D. All of the above.
9. Which actor, who later appeared as a regular on the series Little House on the Prairie, played the submarine's doctor on seasons 2-4 of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea?
A. Victor French (Mr. Edwards)
B. Kevin Hagen (Dr. Baker)
C. Richard Bull (Mr. Oleson)
D. Michael Landon (Charles Ingalls)
10. According to the show's backstory, in what year was the submarine commissioned?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by