for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Heteronyms or Homographs
A quiz for kids to show them some of the vagaries of the English language. Each of the answers below is a word that can be pronounced in different ways. hetero = two, nym = sounds
May 24, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Please ___________ your work before it is _________ to the class.
2. Whatâ€™s the ________ of this thing if I canâ€™t _________ it?
3. The _________ the horse had in its saddlebags meant it couldnâ€™t _______ the race
4. The rubbish dump was so full it had to_________ more__________.
5. He was ____________ to ______________ his old teacher with his birthday _____________.
6. The male deer __________ funny things when the _________ are about.
7. The farmer had to tend to her __________ and then ________ her seeds.
8. English is my favourite ______________. I enjoy the feeling when I ___________ myself to an English test.
9. The ____________ presented in the court case made the lawyer _____________.
10. The __________ was blowing so hard I could not _________ the sail.
Pine River Consulting 2022