for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Leo Tolstoy - Giant of Russian Literature
A quiz on the Russian writer whose life (1828-1910) was as interesting as his novels.
August 09, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Leo N Tolstoy
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Leo Tolstoy)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What title did Leo Tolstoy hold?
2. In which war did Leo Tolstoy see active service?
A. Franco-Russian War
B. Russo-Turkish War
C. Russo-Persian War
D. Crimean War
3. What was the name of Tolstoy's wife to whom he was married for 48 years?
4. How many children did Tolstoy and his wife have?
5. Which of the following novels was not written by Leo Tolstoy?
A. Crime and Punishment
B. War and Peace
C. Anna Karenina
6. What philanthropic gesture was made by Tolstoy in the 1860s?
A. He founded a number of orphanges in St Petersburg
B. He established peasant schools
C. He created a retired soldiers' nursing home
D. He sold a number of estates, giving the profit to a young Lenin
7. What notable historical figure corresponded with Tolstoy over his philosophy?
A. Karl Marx
B. Adolf Hitler
C. Mahatma Gandhi
D. Ernest Hemingway
8. In 1883 Tolstoy wrote a book outlining his Christian belief. What is its title?
A. My Salvation
B. Why God Must be Christian
C. What I Believe
D. Be Gone All Doubt
9. What term best describes Tolstoy's political views?
10. Where did Tolstoy die in 1910?
A. in his bed in Moscow
B. at a railway station
C. on board a steamer bound for England
D. at a hotel following a prolonged drinking session
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by