for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Elizabeth Cook - Wife of the Legendary Seafarer
She kept the home fires burning, raising and burying children while her husband, James sailed the world. Test your knowledge of the life of Elizabeth Cook.
October 26, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1741, Elizabeth Cook had what maiden name?
2. Elizabeth married James Cook in 1762. What was the age gap between them?
A. 5 years
B. 9 years
C. 13 years
D. 17 years
3. Where did Elizabeth and James Cook live most of their married life?
4. Elizabeth and James were married for 17 years but of this how many years did they spend together?
A. 2 years
B. 4 years
C. 8 years
D. 10 years
5. Elizabeth and James Cook had six children. How many of these did Elizabeth bury while her husband was at sea?
6. How did Elizabeth Cook record her husband's exploits?
A. With music
C. Writing her account of his voyages
7. Why was there no record of correspondence between Elizabeth and James Cook?
A. Their few letters were bought by an unknown collector.
B. Elizabeth Cook was illiterate.
C. The paper used was highly acidic and perished.
D. Elizabeth burnt all their letters.
8. By what age had Elizabeth Cook lived through the deaths of her husband and all her children?
9. What keepsake from her husband James did Elizabeth cherish for the rest of her life?
A. his first sailing compass
B. his wedding ring
C. a lock of his hair
D. his journal of his first voyage around the world
10. How long did Elizabeth Cook live after the death of her husband?
A. 38 years
B. 45 years
C. 56 years
D. 64 years
Pine River Consulting 2022