for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Paul Revere - American Patriot
His equine exploits have been made famous in the stirring poem "Paul Revere's Ride" but his life was more interesting than one night-time ride. Test your knowledge of this patriotic American.
September 05, 2014
American Revolutionary War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what Massachusetts town was Paul Revere born in 1734?
2. Before the Revolutionary War, Paul Revere was a silversmith and what other profession?
3. On the night of his famous ride on April 18, 1775, Paul Revere was riding to warn which two revolutionary figures of the advancing British soldiers?
A. Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson
B. George Washington and John Adams
C. Samuel Adams and John Hancock
D. Nathan Hale and John Sullivan
4. Who were the other two riders who, along with Paul Revere, spread the news of the advancing British troops?
A. Aubrey Williams and Thomas Robertson
B. William Dawes and Samuel Prescott
C. Christian Mason and Rufus Stewart
D. Nathaniel Harris and David Younger
5. Paul Revere's ride took him between what two Massachusetts towns?
A. Concord and Cambridge
B. Boston and Watertown
C. Boston and Cambridge
D. Boston and Lexington
6. What happened to Paul Revere at the end of his famous ride?
A. He fled to France for his safety.
B. He was wounded by British gunfire but recovered.
C. His horse collapsed under him, breaking his leg.
D. He was captured but eventually released by the British.
7. Later serving in the Continental Army, what ignominious fate befell Paul Revere?
A. He was court martialled for cowardice
B. He shot himself in the foot
C. His men deserted his command
D. His horse was shot from under him
8. Following the Revolutionary War, Paul Revere used his metallurgy experience to produce what?
A. copper hulls for U S navy ships
B. streamlined bullets for the U S army
C. rifled barrels for the U S artillery
D. explosive heads for artillery shells
9. How many children did Paul Revere father?
10. Which U S poet wrote of Paul Revere's exploits in their poem "Paul Revere's Ride"?
A. Walt Whitman
B. Emily Dickinson
C. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
D. Edgar Allan Poe
Conditions of Use