for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - P L Travers - The Creator of Mary Poppins
As the writer of Mary Poppins, P L Travers enchanted generations of children. Test your knowledge of this enigmatic Englishwoman.
June 09, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what country was P L Travers born on August 9, 1899?
A. New Zealand
C. South Africa
2. How did P L Travers acquire her last name?
A. It was her father's first name.
B. It was her mother's maiden name.
C. It was her second husband's name.
D. As a tribute to a family friend
3. What was the birth name of P L Travers?
4. P L Travers migrated to London in the 1920 and became friends with which contemporary writer?
A. T S Eliot
B. W B Yeats
C. P G Wodehouse
D. G B Shaw
5. In what decade of the 20th century was the first Mary Poppins book published?
6. What surprising thing did P L Travers do during World War II?
A. She spied for the Allies in Southern France.
B. She wrote to Hitler asking him to spare her adopted homeland.
C. She lived on a Navajo Indian reservation in Arizona.
D. She went to live in the Falklands - as far as she could get from the war.
7. How many children did P L Travers have?
8. The illustrator of all the Mary Poppins books was Mary Shepard whose father illustrated what other books?
A. Winnie the Pooh
B. Wind in the Willows
C. Alice in Wonderland
D. Peter Rabbit
9. How many Mary Poppins books did P L Travers write?
10. How many times was P L Travers married?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by