for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mark Twain: Epic American Author
Mark Twain led an interesting life. He worked in publishing and journalism, was a river boat pilot and world traveller. See how well you know his story. -written by dave.
December 31, 2006
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what state was Mark Twain born?
2. What river was a cornerstone of Mark Twain's life and his writings?
A. The Ohio River
B. The Mississippi River
C. The Missouri River
D. The Cumberland River
3. What member of Mark Twain's family died when young Mark was only 11?
A. His sister
B. His aunt
C. His mother
D. His father
4. Mark Twain had a visual disability. What was it?
A. He was color blind
B. He was blind in one eye
C. He had tunnel vision
D. He was near sighted
5. What was Mark Twain's real name?
A. Percival Westhouser
B. Mark Clementine
C. Samuel Clemens
D. Michael Twinsky
6. What book is largely considered Mark Twain's greatest work?
A. Roughing It
B. The Prince and the Pauper
C. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
D. Life on the Mississippi
7. What ended Mark Twain's career as a steam boat pilot?
A. A drought on the Mississippi
B. He was fired
C. He married
D. The advent of the American Civil War
8. Besides writing, what else was Mark Twain well known for in his day?
A. His paintings
B. His humorous lectures and speech giving
C. His work on the steam engine for river boats
D. Furniture making
9. What tragedy happened to Mark Twain while in Italy?
A. His wife died
B. He lost a finger in an accident
C. His father died
D. His daughter died
10. When not traveling, where did Mark Twain spend his later years?
Conditions of Use