for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Hinduism Basics
Hinduism is one of the major religions is south Asia. How much do you know about its history, people and teachings?
April 26, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: religionfacts.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. How many Hindu Gods are there?
D. 300,000 or more depending on how you count them
2. Which of the following is a Hindu holy book?
D. both A and B
3. Which animal do Hindus treat as scared?
4. For marriage ceremonies, which of the following elements are necessary?
A. sacred water
B. sacred fire
C. sacred air
D. sacred earth
5. What color does a Hindu bride traditionally wear on her wedding day?
6. What color are you supposed to wear to a Hindu funeral?
D. not specific
7. At a Hindu funeral, what is traditionally done with the body of the deceased?
A. bury the dead
B. burn the dead
C. mummify the dead
D. put them in a mauseloum
8. By what name is a Hindu priest known?
A. pundit or pandit
9. What is karma as defined by Hindu holy books?
A. your deeds
B. your life
C. your ambition
D. your family
10. Who would, most likely in a funeral ceremony, light the funeral pyre?
A. the pandit
B. the son or male member of the family
C. the daughter or female member of the family
D. the spouse or parent
Conditions of Use