for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - William "Buffalo Bill" Cody: Wild West Showman
What do you know about the life and career of William "Buffalo Bill" Cody? He was an American soldier, bison hunter and showman!
April 27, 2008
American Frontier Explorers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
William F Cody
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. William "Buffalo Bill" Cody was born in what state (at the time it was a territory)?
2. Buffalo Bill earned his nickname because he was the provider of buffalo meat to the workers of what railroad?
A. Chicago and North Western Railway
B. Kansas Pacific Railway
C. Missouri Pacific Railroad
D. Western Pacific Railroad
3. Young William's father was killed when William was just 11 years old. How was his father killed?
A. he was trampled to death in a stampede
B. he was shot to death
C. he was stabbed to death
D. he was killed in a railroad accident
4. What military service award did Buffalo Bill receive in 1872?
A. Bronze Star Medal
B. Presidential Service Badge
C. Armed Forces Civilian Service Medal
D. Medal of Honor
5. After being a frontiersman, Buffalo Bill entered show business. What was the original name of his touring company?
A. Buffalo Bill's Western Show
B. Buffalo Bill's Rough Riders
C. Buffalo Bill's Wild West
D. The Buffalo Bill Combination
6. What famous Native American was a member of Buffalo Bill's show?
A. Sitting Bull
D. Bad Eagle
7. What female American sharpshooter and exhibition shooter was a member of Buffalo Bill's show?
A. Charley Parkhurst
B. Belle Starr
C. Calamity Jane
D. Annie Oakley
8. Which of the following did Buffalo Bill NOT do during the late 1880s and 1890s?
A. he met Pope Leo XIII
B. he took the show to England in celebration of the Jubilee year of Queen Victoria
C. he set up an exhibition near the Chicago World's Fair of 1893
D. he took the show to Canada in celebration of that country's Centennial
9. Buffalo Bill Dam was built in the early 20th century to irrigate about 169,000 acres of land in the Big Horn Basin. What was the original name of the dam?
A. Wyoming Dam
B. Shoshone Dam
C. Big Horn Dam
D. Foote Dam
10. The Buffalo Bill Historical Center is located in what state?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by