for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Calvin Coolidge: 30th U.S. President
What do you know about the life and times of Calvin Coolidge, 31st U.S. President?
October 21, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Library of Congress)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Calvin Coolidge served as governor of what state from 1919 to 1921?
B. New Hampshire
C. Rhode Island
2. Not long after his marriage to Grace Goodhue in 1905, Coolidge gave his new wife a bag. What was inside the bag? (hint: there were 52 of them)
A. socks with holes in them
C. bottle caps
3. Calvin Coolidge ascended to the presidency following the death of what president?
A. Warren G. Harding
B. Herbert Hoover
C. Woodrow Wilson
D. William Howard Taft
4. Which of the following was NOT a "presidential first" for Calvin Coolidge?
A. first president to appear in a sound film
B. first president to accept follow-up questions at press conferences
C. first president to take an active role in federal expenditures
D. first president to deliver his inaugural address on the radio
5. What was Calvin Coolidge's nickname?
A. Lazy Vermont
B. His Accidency
C. Crazy Cal
D. Silent Cal
6. What democratic candidate did Calvin Coolidge defeat in the 1924 presidential election?
A. Governor Al Smith of New York
B. Former Secretary of Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo of CA
C. Former Ambassador to the United Kingdom John W. Davis of WV
D. Senator Oscar W. Underwood of Alabama
7. Which of the following acts did President Coolidge NOT sign into law?
A. Indian Citizenship Act of 1924
B. Revenue Act of 1924
C. Immigration Act of 1924
D. World War I Veterans' Bonus Bill of 1924
8. Which of the following acts was NOT signed into law by President Coolidge?
A. McNary-Haugen Farm Relief Bill of 1926
B. Revenue Act of 1926
C. Radio Act of 1927
D. Judiciary Act of 1925
9. President Coolidge permanently withdrew U.S. forces from what Caribbean country in 1924?
B. Dominican Republic
10. President Coolidge lifted the arms embargo against what country?
D. Soviet Union
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by