for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Orson Welles: Sophisticated Actor & Director
What do you know about one of the most well-read and well-spoken show biz person ever. Orson Welles rocked!
February 07, 2011
Movie & TV Directors, Producers & Writers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Orson Welles @ wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Orson Welles' 1938 radio narration of a fictional invasion from Mars caused widespread panic across the U.S. What was the name of the story?
A. Mars Attacks!
B. The Martian Chronicles
C. Martian Invasion of Earth
D. War of the Worlds
2. In the 1941 film, "Citizen Kane," Orson Welles played the role of Charles Foster Kane. What was Mr. Kane's occupation?
A. film director
B. newspaper publisher
C. airline pilot
D. baseball team owner
3. Many consider Orson Welles the greatest film director of all time. In which of the following films did Orson Welles star but not direct?
A. Moby Dick (1956)
B. Touch of Evil (1958)
C. Citizen Kane (1941)
D. The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)
4. Orson Welles won the Academy Award for "Citizen Kane" in 1941. Specifically, what Oscar did he win for this movie?
A. Best Actor in a Leading Role:
B. Best Original Screenplay
C. Best Director
D. Best Picture
5. When asked to give her reason for filing for divorce, which of Orson Welles' wives replied, "I can't take this genius anymore"?
A. Paola Mori
B. Virginia Nicholson
C. Rita Hayworth
D. Dolores del Río
6. Who was Orson Welles' leading lady (played the part of Lady Macbeth) in the 1948 film, "MacBeth"?
A. Rita Hayworth
B. Jeanette Nolan
C. Loretta Young
D. Janet Leigh
7. Orson Welles was well known for his pleasing baritone voice resulting in his role as narrator for many films. Which of the following films did Orson Welles NOT narrate?
A. King of Kings (1961)
B. The Swiss Family Robinson (1940)
C. History of the World: Part1 (1981)
D. The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
8. To whom was Orson Welles referring when he said, "(she's) the most exciting woman in the world."
A. Eartha Kitt
B. Rita Hayworth
C. Paola Mori
D. Oja Kodar
9. In 1946, Orson Welles starred in "The Stranger" as a Nazi war criminal hiding out as a professor with a clock obsession in a Connecticut college town. What was his character's name?
A. Fritz Hiedler
B. Franz Kindler
C. Josef Scheer
D. Rudolph Reinhard
10. Orson Welles was gifted in many arts besides movie acting and directing. Which of the following was not one of them?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by