for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Assassination of William McKinley
What do you know about the events surrounding the murder of President William McKinley?
March 18, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: William McKinley Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. President William Mckinley was elected as US President in 1896 and re-elected in 1900. In what year was he assassinated?
2. How long did President McKinley linger before he died?
A. less than one week
B. more than one week
C. more than two weeks
D. more than two months
3. How many bullets hit President McKinley?
4. As Leon Czolgosz approached President McKinley to shake hands, he held the murder weapon, a revolver, in his hand. What did he use to the hide the weapon?
D. long sleeve shirt
5. In what city, located in the state of New York, was William McKinley assassinated?
C. New York City
6. An experimental X-ray machine, which might have helped find the bullet that hit President McKinley, was, for unknown reasons, never used. Who provided this xray machine?
A. Thomas Edison
B. William J. Hammer
C. Francis Robbins Upton
D. George Westinghouse
7. Leon Czolgosz was executed about one month after he murdered President McKinley. How was Leon Czolgosz put to death?
A. lethal injection
D. firing squad
8. After he was shot, President McKinley was taken to the hospital. Eventually, he was transferred to a private residence for convalescing. To who's home was he taken?
A. John Milburn
B. Vice President Theodore Roosevelt
C. Senator Mark Hanna
D. Senator Charles W. F. Dick
9. According to the President's schedule, in what city was he scheduled to appear next had he not been assassinated?
10. President McKinley is interred at the McKinley National Memorial. In what Ohio city is it located?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by