for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Kurt Vonnegut
American Author Kurt Vonnegut: books, quotes, and history!
August 09, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Evolutionary Mythology in the Writings of Kurt Vonnegut Jr.)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In a certain comedy movie, the main character has to write a term paper on Kurt Vonnegut so he personally calls Vonnegut for help. Who's the actor and what's the movie?
A. Steve Martin in "The Jerk"
B. Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future"
C. John Belushi in "Animal House"
D. Rodney Dangerfield in "Back to School"
2. Vonnegut's war time experience in what city was the basis for his most well-known book, "Slaughterhouse-Five"?
3. In "Cat's Cradle," what is the hazard associated with Ice-Nine?
A. turns water gaseous at room temperature
B. turns water solid at room temperature
C. turns water into wine
D. turns water into florine
4. What did Vonnegut major in at Cornell University?
5. What real life experience of Vonnegut's provided the title of his masterpiece "Slaughterhouse Five"?
A. working as a muckraker in Chicago
B. his platoon's nickname at the Battle of the Bulge
C. Jerusalem exhibit on the Children's Crusade
D. being held POW in a slaughterhouse
6. What is the breakfast of champions, according to Vonnegut, in the book of the same name?
B. a martini
D. eggs and bacon
7. Vonnegut's first novel discusses a future that is controlled by machines. What is the name of it?
A. Player Piano
B. Sirens of Titan
C. Deadeye Dick
8. Where was Kurt Vonnegut born and raised?
A. Indianapolis, Indiana
B. Schenectady, New York
C. Barnstable, Massachusetts
D. Memphis, Tennesee
9. What is the title of one of Vonnegut's collections of short stories?
A. Welcome to the Monkey House
B. The Four Million
C. Three by Vonnegut
D. Marley and Me
10. What global company employed Vonnegut as a Public Relations writer?
A. General Atomics
B. Seimens, LLC
D. General Electric
Conditions of Use