for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mark Twain: Greatest American Humorist
Some Mark Twain Trivia and Facts.
August 27, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was Mark Twain's birth name?
A. Mark Clemens
B. Orion 'O' Henry
C. Samuel L. Clemens
D. Samuel Twain
2. What happened to Mark Twain's brother Henry?
A. He died in a riverboat explosion
B. He died during the Civil War
C. He died of pneumonia at the age of 20
D. He starved to death in a cave
3. What did Mark Twain do during the Civil War?
A. Confederate 2nd Lieutenant
B. Draft dodger - Toronto, Canada
C. Union Lt. Colonel
D. Hospitalized for veneral disease
4. What does the term 'Mark Twain' mean for a riverboat pilot?
A. Split the difference
B. Boat broken in half by collision
C. An catastrophic explosion
D. Two fathoms
5. What does 'Mark Twain' mean to a Nevada bartender?
A. Two drinks on credit
C. Rolling a customer
D. Jackpot for a poker player
6. What famous inventor was a close friend of Mark Twain?
A. Nikola Tesla
B. Albert Einstein
C. Edward Teller
D. Isaac Newton
7. Mark Twain famously said: "The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together.'" What natural event was he speaking of?
A. The San Francisco Earthquake
B. The return of Halley's Comet
C. Tunguska event / explosion in Siberia
D. Volcanic Erruptions in the South Pacific
8. Where is Mark Twain buried?
A. Hannibal, Missouri
B. Elmira, New York.
C. Hartford, Connecticut
D. San Fransisco, California
9. What robber baron was a close friend of Mark Twain, and helped him during financial difficulties?
A. Thomas Edison
B. Andrew Carnegie
C. John D Rockefeller
D. Henry H. Rogers
10. This major work chronicles Mark Twain's youth along the Missouri River:
A. The Innocents Abroad or The New Pilgrims' Progress.
B. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
C. The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County
D. Roughing It
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by