for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - It Happened One Night - a Movie Classic
Just watched this classic movie, and loved it! What do you know about "It Happened One Night"?
September 05, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: It Happened One Night)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what year was "It Happened One Night" released?
2. Claudette Colbert starred in this movie. Which actress turned down the role?
A. Margaret O'Hara
B. Jean Harlow
C. Myrna Loy
D. Katherine Hepburn
3. Who directed this movie?
A. Howard Hawks
B. Alfred Hitchcock
C. Frank Capra
D. Charlie Chaplin
4. Claudette Colbert plays a spoiled heiress named Ellie who runs away from her father. How does she get away?
A. Pays off her guards
B. Wears the maid's clothes
C. Pretends to have the measles
D. Jumps off a boat
5. Clark Gable's character, Peter Warne, looks after her on their adventures. What was his occupation?
A. Security guard
B. Insurance salesman
C. Newspaper reporter
D. Unemployed playboy
6. While on the bus, and later while driving a car, what song did Peter Warne sing?
A. "Man on the Flying Trapeze"
B. "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain"
C. "Oh, Susanna"
D. "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
7. On their trip, what skill did Peter Warne brag he had? Ellie had to prove him wrong.
D. Arm wrestling
8. Who said after the film wrapped, "I just finished making the worst picture I've ever made?"
B. Clark Gable
C. Claudette Colbert
9. What did Peter and Ellie call the blanket hung in the middle of the room used as a divider?
A. Walls of Jericho
B. The Great Wall of China
C. No Man's Land
D. Forbidden Zone
10. "It Happened One Night" holds which distinction?
A. First Oscar-winning movie filmed entirely in color
B. Named #1 Film on AFI Top 100 Movies
C. Clark Gable's last movie before WWII
D. First film to win the Oscar " Grand Slam" Awards
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by