for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ludwig van Beethoven - Tortured Genius
A Beethoven quiz on reputedly the greatest composer the world has seen. His deteriorating hearing meant he eventually could not hear the music he composed. Great Beethoven trivia!
October 04, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Ludwig v Beethoven
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ludwig van Beethoven Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Beethoven was born in 1770 in which European country?
2. With which instrument did Beethoven excel as a young man?
3. In which European city did Beethoven spend most of his life?
4. With which celebrated composer did Beethoven study?
C. J S Bach
D. Strauss Snr
5. What is the name of Beethoven's only opera?
B. Fur Elise
6. When did Beethoven first begin to notice his hearing problem?
A. In his teens
B. In his twenties
C. In his thirties
D. In his forties
7. What style of music best describes the majority of Beethoven's work?
8. Beethoven's musical output was prodigious. How many symphonies did he compose?
9. Which of Beethoven's works formed the basis for the 1970 hit "A Song of Joy"?
A. Moonlight Sonata
B. Fur Elise
C. Fifth Symphony
D. Ninth Symphony
10. How many times was Beethoven married?
Pine River Consulting 2022