for extra features!
Like playing PeopleQuiz games? Help keep our site alive and growing with a donation at our Go Fund Me page today!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Glenn - Astronaut and Aviator
Trivia questions about the life and career of former military pilot, astronaut and U.S. senator John Glenn.
November 13, 2011
Amazing "Firsts" in History!
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John H Glenn
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John Glenn NASA Photo (public domain))
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which branch of the military did Glenn serve during WWII and Korea?
A. US Army
B. US Army Air Corps and the US Airforce
C. US Marine Corps
D. US Navy
2. Glenn had a dubious nickname during his time as a fighter pilot in Korea. What was the nickname?
A. Magnet Ass.
B. Super Fighter Jock.
C. Radio Flyer.
D. Wrong Way John.
3. During Glenn's historic supersonic transcontinental flight across the US, a resident of his Ohio town ran to the Glenn house, shouting "Johnny dropped a bomb"; why did the child think that?
A. Glenn had promised to bomb the town during the flight, as a joke.
B. Pieces fell off the plane and impacted the town, causing minor damage.
C. Glenn dropped a parachute with victory leaflets over the town.
D. The sonic boom of the airplane was mistaken as a bomb blast.
4. Glenn was, technically, not qualified for the NASA Mercury Program. Why?
A. Glenn hadn't finished college.
B. NASA did NOT want Marine Corps officers.
C. Glenn was not part of the X-15 Test Program.
D. Glenn was not married.
5. What space craft did Glenn pilot when orbiting Earth in 1962?
A. Molly Brown
B. Liberty Bell 7
C. Friendship 7
D. Dorian Gray
6. How many times did Glenn circle the Earth during his 1962 ~ five hour mission?
7. John Glenn, astronaut and future Democratic Senator - testified before the House Space Committee in July 1962 about women and the NASA astronaut program. What was Glenn's recommendation to the Committee?
A. Glenn suggested minorities AND women should be included in the NASA astronaut programs.
B. Glenn suggested NASA should include women in NASA Program, but not as command pilots.
C. Glenn declined to comment, saying he did not want to fight with his daughters and wife.
D. Glenn favored excluding women from the astronaut program.
8. What was Glenn's retirement rank from the US military?
A. Colonel, USMC.
B. Admiral, US Navy.
C. Colonel, US Airforce.
D. General, US Astronaut Corps.
9. Glenn lifted off for a second space flight in the late 1990s, on Space Shuttle Discovery's STS-95. How many years elapsed from this flight and his last NASA mission?
10. As a US Senator, Glenn was one of "Keating 5 Scandal." What was the judgement Senate Commission regarding Glenn's role in the S&L debacle?
A. Glenn exercised "poor judgement."
B. Glenn was unfairly targeted, and completely innocent.
C. Glenn was the leader, and consequently the most at blame for the S&L collapses.
D. Glenn was guilty, but was allowed to retire rather than going to jail.
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by