for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mother's Day All Over the World
What do know about Mothers Day trivia? We've got all the Mother's Day history and facts!
May 13, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: happy-mothers-day-ideas.blogspot.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. When is Mother's Day celebrated in the United States?
A. first Sunday in May
B. second Sunday in May
C. third Sunday in May
D. fourth Sunday in May
2. What US president made Mother's Day an official US holiday in 1914?
A. Woodrow Wilson
B. William Howard Taft
C. Theodore Roosevelt
D. Calvin Coolidge
3. What is the name of the Christian "Mother's Day" that is celebrated throughout Europe that falls on the 4th Sunday in Lent?
A. Mother's Appreciation Day
B. Mom's Recognition Day
C. Mum's Day
D. Mothering Sunday
4. What flower is traditionally given to mothers on Mother's Day in Australia?
5. What was the first US state to issue a proclamation for a day honoring mothers?
B. Rhode Island
D. West Virginia
6. In what country do family names usually start with signs associated with motherhood?
7. Mother's Day is a big churchgoing holiday. What holiday beats it out?
D. Both A and B
8. In many parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, and the former Soviet bloc, most people celebrate the contribution of women including mothers in a holiday called what?
A. Women's Economics Day
B. International Women's Day
C. Ladies Recognition Day
D. Female Liberation Day
9. In the Roman Catholic Church, Mother's Day is strongly associated with what religious figure?
A. The Virgin Mary
B. Mary Magdalene
D. Mother Teresa
10. Anna Jarvis, the recognized founder of the Mother's Day holiday in the United States spent much of her later life campaigning against the holiday she created. Why?
A. she felt she wasn't getting the proper recognition for starting the holiday
B. she felt it had become too commercialized
C. her mother never left her an inheritance
D. she didn't make enough money off the holiday
Conditions of Use