for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Marie Antoinette - Doomed Queen of France
Ten questions on Marie Antoinette, the Queen of France who allegedly said of the French peasants, "Let them eat cake".
May 18, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Public Domain Image of Marie Antoinette)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Maria Antonia Josepha Johanna was born in 1755 in which country?
2. By what name was Marie Antoinette known amongst her family?
3. How old was Marie Antoinette when she married the future Louis XVI?
4. Following her marriage to Louis, why did Marie Antoinette take seven years to fall pregnant?
A. She suffered bouts of insanity.
B. Louis was a rumored homosexual and Marie's child was fathered by another man.
C. Her husband had a penile deformity.
D. She regularly moved back to her family home as she detested Louis.
5. What pastime did Marie Antoinette enjoy?
B. Appearing in operas
D. Fortune telling
6. A legal trial about the fraud of what precious item began the downfall of Marie Antoinette?
D. a bodice made of pearls
7. What tragedy struck Marie Antoinette and Louis in June 1789?
A. the storming of the Bastille
B. the death of their son
C. they were imprisoned
D. A run on the Paris stock market saw them lose millions.
8. What did Marie Antoinette advise her husband to do following the fall of the Bastille?
A. impose harsh penalties on the revolutionaries
B. bargain with the revolutionaries and attempt to share power
C. call for support from the Pope
D. escape from France
9. Following the execution of her husband, what "title" was bestowed on Marie Antoinette?
A. Queen of Prison
B. German Whore
C. Widow Capet
D. She who is next
10. Guillotined in 1793 at the age of 38, what was the eventual fate of Marie Antoinette's body?
A. She was interred in the same grave as her husband
B. It was dumped in an unmarked grave.
C. Her body was eventually buried in Notre Dame under the orders of Louis Phillipe.
D. Royalist sympathizers took her body back to her homeland.
Pine River Consulting 2022