for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mel Allen - The Voice of Baseball
How much do you know about former Sportscaster Mel Allen who was a favorite of the fans for many, many years.
October 29, 2012
Major League Baseball
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Mel Allen @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Mel is most known for his long tenure of being the Radio Play by Play Announcer for which MLB team?
A. Chicago Cubs
B. Chicago White Sox
C. The New York Mets
D. The New York Yankees
2. Mel was the very first host of what television show?
A. This Week In Baseball
B. The Baseball Bunch
C. The Diamond Kings
D. Baseball's Bloopers and Blinders
3. Mel was known as The Voice of what MLB team?
A. The Brooklyn Dodgers
B. The New York Yankees
C. The Chicago White Sox
D. The St. Louis Cardinals
4. What college did Mel attend?
D. Mississippi State
5. Mel graduated college with a Degree in what?
6. Why did Mel first go to New York after graduating college?
A. He went there on Vacation
B. He went for a Job Interview
C. He went to a friend's wedding
D. He went to a friend's funeral
7. Which branch of the Military did Mel serve in during World War 2?
A. The U.S. Air Force
B. The U.S. Marines
C. The U.S. Navy
D. The U.S. Army
8. Who replaced Mel in the broadcast booth?
A. Phil Rizzuto
B. Curt Gowdy
C. Joe Garagiola
D. Yogi Berra
9. What was Mel's most popular catchphrase?
A. There's A Drive
B. Going, Going, Gone
C. Good Mourning Everybody
D. How About That
10. How many times was Mel married?
Conditions of Use