for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Roald Amundsen - Conqueror of the South Pole
Ten questions about the man whose explorations increased the world's understanding of our polar regions.
December 31, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Roald EG Amundsen
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: )
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What nationality was Roald Amundsen?
2. Amundsen's mother encouraged her son into what field of study?
3. In 1903, Amundsen completed the first successful traversing of which area?
A. The island of Greenland
B. From Nome, Alaska to Seattle
C. Northwest Passage
D. The Denmark Strait which separates Iceland and Greenland
4. Successfully reaching the South Pole in 1912, which of the following was not a contributing factor in Amundsen's success?
A. Eskimo-style clothing
B. Extensive use of skis
C. Motorized sledges
D. Lack of scientific observations and collecting
5. How did Amundsen's party celebrate their successful trek to the South Pole?
C. Singing their national anthem
D. They said Mass
6. How did Roald Amundsen spend World War I?
A. He joined the German Navy
B. He joined the British Navy
C. He made money supplying neutral shipping
D. He advised the German Army on winter survival techniques
7. Amundsen somehow wanted to float a specially built ship over the North Pole. How long did it take before this project was abandoned?
A. 3 years
B. 4 years
C. 6 years
D. 7 years
8. Which of the following best describes Amundsen's character?
A. Taciturn at the best of times
B. Jolly Scandinavian
9. In 1925, how did Amundsen successfully reach the North Pole?
A. Motorized sledges
C. Ice Breaker
10. How did Amundsen die in 1928?
A. At home in bed
B. Plane crash
C. During a one-man trek of Greenland's northern region
D. Lung cancer brought on by his life-long addiction to cigars
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by