for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Otto von Bismarck - German Statesman
A quiz on the man who helped shape modern Germany. It has been said the history of Bismarck was the history of Germany.
March 09, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Otto von Bismarck
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. At Gottingen University, for what two skills did Otto von Bismarck gain fame?
A. Womanising and debating
B. Wrestling and shooting
C. Drinking and duelling
D. Horse riding and acting
2. In 1847 Bismarck married Johanna von Puttkamer. How was this marriage described?
A. A very happy marriage
B. A match made in hell
C. They lived very separate lives
D. Loveless; essentially an arranged marriage designed to gain influence for Bismarck
3. How could Otto von Bismarck's political philosophy be best described?
D. Strongly conservative
4. Bismarck was the acknowledged unifier of the German states. From which of the following did he organise the unification?
5. What position did Bismarck attain of the Northern German states in 1867?
C. Prime Minister
6. Against which European nation did Bismarck cunningly provoke a war in 1870?
7. Which of the following initiatives were not introduced by Bismarck?
A. Sickness insurance
B. Workers Compensation insurance
C. Accident insurance
D. Old age and Invalidity insurance
8. In 1890 Bismarck was dismissed by which German Emperor?
A. Friedrich III
B. Nicholas I
C. Leopold II
D. Wilhelm II
9. Which expression did Bismarck use as a solution to Germany's problems?
A. Guns and shells
B. Diplomacy followed by force
C. An iron fist in a velvet glove
D. Iron and Blood
10. Bismarck was fearful for the fate of Germany following his dismissal. What prediction did he make following his removal?
A. Germany would be taken over by extremists.
B. Communists would take over.
C. The collapse of Germany within 20 years of his departure.
D. The German empire would be lost to Russia.
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by