for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Angela Lansbury - Enduring and Gracious Actress
A quiz on the actress whose versatilty and charm have made her a favorite around the world.
April 15, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Angela B Lansbury
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Angela Lansbury)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Having worked most of her life in the USA, what was Angela Lansbury's country of birth?
C. New Zealand
2. Two of Miss Lansbury's first Hollywood roles were as supporting actress in "Gaslight" and "The Picture of Dorian Gray". What was remarkable about her roles?
A. The director of both films had wanted Ann Sheridan to play the parts.
B. At the age of 18 she portrayed much older women in both roles.
C. She was nominated for an Academy Award in both roles.
D. Her future husband was a screenwriter for both films.
3. Angela Lansbury was often cast in roles where the character was older than she. Which well-known actor/singer played her son in one movie?
A. Frank Sinatra
B. Elvis Presley
C. Bobby Darin
D. Dean Martin
4. Which contentious 1970's film role did Angela Lansbury turn down on the grounds she thought she couldn't handle the part?
A. Nurse Ratchet in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
B. Lili Von Schtupp in "Blazing Saddles"
C. Rayette Pipesto in "Five Easy Pieces"
D. Christine McNeil (Linda Blair's mother) in "The Exorcist"
5. Another demonstration of Miss Lansbury's versatility was demonstrated with her part in which Disney film?
A. Mary Poppins
B. Escape to Witch Mountain
D. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
6. Angela Lansbury's best known television role is as Jessica Fletcher in "Murder, She Wrote". Where was this series set?
A. Crabapple Cove
B. Cooper's Cove
C. Cabot Cove
D. Caulfield Cove
7. How many Academy Awards and Emmy Awards has Angela Lansbury won as of 2013?
A. 0 Oscars / 0 Emmy Awards
B. 0 Oscars/ 3 Emmy Awards
C. 1 Oscar / 5 Emmy Awards
D. 2 Oscars / 7 Emmy Awards
8. Miss Lansbury is a distinguished Broadway star. In which of the following plays has she not appeared?
D. Sweeney Todd
9. In which of the following Disney animated movies has Angela Lansbury provided her vocal skills?
B. The Rescuers
C. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
D. Beauty and the Beast
10. Hoping never to retire, at the age of 87 Angela Lansbury performed on the Australian stage in 2013 with which Hollywood actor?
A. Clint Eastwood
B. Morgan Freeman
C. James Earl Jones
D. Will Smith
Conditions of Use