for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand
The assassination of Franz Ferdinand was the catalyst that plunged the the world into The Great War of 1914-18. Ten questions on this momentous event.
October 12, 2013
World War I
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What relation was the Archduke Franz Ferdinand to the then Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Joseph?
2. Also killed in the attack was the Archduke's wife, Sophie who was of what nationality?
3. What clandestine organization was involved in planning the assassination?
A. Cosa Nostra
B. Black Hand
C. Sons of Serbia
4. Where did the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and his wife take place in June, 1914?
5. Before the successful shooting, Archduke Ferdinand and his cavalcade had survived what attack?
A. Bow and arrow
B. Knife-wielding attempted assassin
C. Bomb thrown
D. Cavalry stampede
6. What was the name of the Serb who shot the Archduke and his wife?
A. Mehmed Memedbasic
B. Vaso Cubrilovic
C. Gavrilo Princip
D. Nedeljko Čabrinović
7. What happened to the assassin following his killing of the Archduke and his wife?
A. He was sentenced to 20 years jail.
B. He escaped and lived as a recluse in Hungary
C. He was caught and hanged.
D. The crowd beat him to death
8. What was the motive behind the Archduke's assassination?
A. To overthrow the Serbian government
B. To unify all Serbs
C. In response to his low opinion of non-Austrian people
D. All the above
9. What caused Austria-Hungary to prosecute military action following the Archduke's assassination?
A. Belief Russia had sponsored the attack
B. Suspicion the Serbian army was involved in the attack
C. To provoke Great Britain into declaring war
D. Urging by Germany to do so
10. Austria-Hungary's declaration of war brought what world power immediately into the conflict?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by