for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Lawrence of Arabia
He was made famous in the 1960s film. Test your knowledge of the life of the man who changed the face of the Middle East.
May 21, 2014
World War I
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what British country was T. E. Lawrence born in August, 1888?
D. Northern Ireland
2. Why did T. E. Lawrence go to the Syrian city of Aleppo?
A. He was posted as a spy.
B. He wanted to improve his knowledge of Arabic.
C. He joined a British team excavating a historic site.
D. He went to investigate the possible use of camels in warfare.
3. Which Middle East nation was the focus of Lawrence's effort once war was declared in 1914?
4. Which of the following cities was not taken as a result of T. E. Lawrence's effort?
5. Lawrence was awarded the Croix de Guerre from France but refused the Order of the Bath from Britain. Why?
A. He regarded himself as more Arab than British.
B. As a protest against his father's treatment by the British Army
C. As a protest against the reluctance of Britain to support the Arab independence cause.
D. He felt he may one day have to fight the British on behalf of the Arabs.
6. Which US WWI war correspondent catapulted Lawrence to world attention with a series of stories and films?
A. Ellis Bartlett
B. Edgar Rice Burroughs
C. Lowell Thomas
D. Ernest Hemingway
7. Following World War I Lawrence changed his name to....?
A. T. E. Shaw
B. T. E. Roberts
C. T. E. Ryan
D. T. E. Philpott
8. Which of the following books was not written by T. E. Lawrence?
A. Revolt in the Desert
B. Crusader Castles
C. Seven Pillars of Wisdom
D. Farewell to Arms
9. Which of the following was not one of T. E. Lawrence's character traits?
A. excellent memory
10. Lawrence died at the age of 46 in 1935 as a result of a motorcycle crash. How did this occur?
A. He was testing a new model for the British Army.
B. He was attempting to break the existing motorcycle speed record.
C. He swerved to avoid hitting two boys on bikes.
D. He was competing in the British Motorcyle Open.
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by