for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George Frederic Handel - Sublime Composer
Handel's lasting legacy to the world is his masterpiece "Messiah". Take ten questions on this prodigious and influential composer.
May 25, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
George F Handel
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: George Frederic Handel Public Domain Image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. George Handel was born in Germany in 1865, the same year as J. S. Bach, to a father who was how old?
2. Handel was greatly influenced by the music of what country?
3. Moving to England early in the 18th century, Handel gained the patronage of which English monarch?
A. George I
B. George II
C. George III
4. What was Handel's first work in English and his most popular composition in his lifetime?
A. Acis and Galatea
B. The Harmonious Blacksmith
D. St John Passion
5. What disability did Handel suffer in his later years?
C. Parkinson's disease
D. Huntingdon's chorea
6. Handel received the following high praise from which fellow composer: "Handel was the greatest that ever lived. I would uncover my head, and kneel before his tomb?
7. How long did Handel take to write his masterwork "Messiah"?
A. less than a month
B. one year
C. five years
D. eleven years
8. What musical style did Handel use in the majority of his works?
9. How many operas did Handel write?
10. Where was Handel buried on his death in 1759?
A. His home town of Halle in Germany
B. St Paul's Cathedral
C. The Vatican
D. Westminster Abbey
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by