for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Vincent Van Gogh - Troubled Artist
Vincent Van Gogh sold only one painting in his short life but now his works change hands for millions. Test your knowledge of this enigmatic artist.
June 24, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Vincent Van Gogh
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Vincent Van Gogh @ Wilkipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Van Gogh was born in 1853 in what European country?
2. What character trait of Van Gogh was apparent early and stayed with him all his life?
B. wild mood swings
C. stoic dignity
D. uncontrollable fidgeting
3. In what profession did Van Gogh engage before abandoning it for the life of an artist?
B. opera singer
4. Which of the following works was not painted by Vincent Van Gogh?
A. The Potato Eaters
B. Starry Night
D. The Spirit of the Dead is Watching
5. Vincent Van Gogh famously excised what body part?
6. Van Gogh had a strong but tumultuous relationship with his art dealer brother who had what first name?
7. Which of the following works was not painted by Van Gogh?
A. Portrait of Dr Gachet
B. Wheatfield under Clouded Sky
C. Chapeau de Paille
D. The Sower
8. What is the name of the only work Van Gogh sold?
A. The Red Vine
B. The Grapevine
C. The Passionfruit Vine
D. The Cucumber Vine
9. Van Gogh fell in love with his widowed cousin, Kee Stricker. What did he do when she ran from her house, wanting not to meet him?
A. Held his breath to make her return
B. Held his hand in a candle until she returned
C. Held a gun to her father's head
D. Held an exhibition of paintings of her
10. Vincent Van Gogh died aged 37 from what cause?
A. venereal disease
B. infection resulting from his self-mutilation
C. self-inflicted gun shot wound
D. alcoholic poisoning
Conditions of Use