for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George Orwell
George Orwell 's two most most famous books, Animal Farm and 1984 have become known the world over for their anti-totalitarian messages. Test your knowledge of this enigmatic man who died much too young.
April 10, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: George Orwell @ Wiikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was George Orwell born in June 1903?
2. What was the birth name of George Orwell?
A. Michael James Kenny
B. John Thomas Mitchell
C. Eric Arthur Blair
D. Neville Edward Collins
3. At what famous English public school was George Orwell educated?
4. Apart from being a writer, George Orwell had a number of jobs. Which of the following was not one of these?
D. radio producer
5. Which of the following books was not written by George Orwell?
A. The Road to Wigan Pier
B. Finnegans Wake
C. Burmese Days
D. Down and out in Paris and London
6. Orwell's classic Animal Farm based the two main pigs on which historical people?
A. Stalin and Trotsky
B. Lenin and Stalin
C. Stalin and Hitler
D. Lenin and Hitler
7. George Orwell's "1984" gave the world many expressions still popular today. Which of the following is not from the novel?
B. Big Brother
C. brave new world
8. In "1984" who was the official who caught Winston Smith and undertook his re-education program?
9. How many times was George Orwell married?
10. George Orwell was 46 when he died prematurely in 1950. What was the cause of his death?
C. car accident
D. heart attack
Pine River Consulting 2022